1. Reading and Writing: Continue working on Vowels Numbers Telling TIme
2. Speaking: Go to the student interview Getting to Know You to practice with a partner.
3. Grammar: continue practicing ser and estar
4. Vocabulary: Continue working on Basic Vocabulary for daily practice with the class.
5. Culture: See below
1. Reading and Writing: With a partner write a dialog shopping at una tienda de ropa. See the Restaurant Activity Packet link below for a list of restaurant words and phrases.
2. Speaking: Go to Money Numbers and Shopping to practice the dialog in groups of three people.
4. Vocabulary: Go to the Shopping and Money Activity Sheet above to see shopping and money related vocabulary then complete the activities on your own paper. Be ready to say aloud for the class.
5. Culture: Go to All Saints Day in Spain to learn about the celebration and take notes. Be ready to discuss with the class.
Go to the Halloween Vocabulary document so see a list of Spanish English words and phrases.
Culture: Día de los Muertos
Questions: When is the Day of the Dead celebrated? What do the winds blow back? Why is it celebrated? What do they do with the grave sites? What flowers do they decorate with? What is the significance of the butterfly and the marigold? How many days does it take place? Tell about the sand and flower courtyard tapistries. What is the bread called? What are the skulls and skeletons called? What music is played? Who is Calavera Catrina and José Guadalupe Posada? Who is Xoloitzcuintli the hairless dog? Who began the celebration and why?
- Click on Día de los Muertos then scroll to the bottom of the page to see what really happens during this celebration then write in your journal a summary of the holiday. Also, check out Day of the Dead Info and Migration of the Monarch Butterfly
- Another link is NPR Day of the Dead Decoded with useful information.
- For audio go to Day of the Dead Audio to listen to an audio passage about Day of the Dead then write the words on your paper that you understand.
- Click on the videos below to learn more about the Day of the Dead.
Click on the program below to listen to the program about Day of the Dead Texas Radio Day of the Dead