2. See a list of names for Valentine’s Day in Spanish speaking countries
- El Día de San Valentin “the Day of Saint Valentine” is used in Puerto Rico, Mexico and several other countries
- Día del Amor y la Amistad “Day of Love and Friendship” is also used in Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, Ecuador and Colombia
- Día de Los Enamorados “Day of the Lovers” some South American countries, such as Argentina and Chile, V
- Día del Cariño “Day of Affection” in Guatemala
- Día del Corte Inglés Corte Inglés is one of the most popular department stores in the country, so the name pokes fun at what some people in America call “the Hallmark holiday.” A similar name for the holiday comes from Spain, where some people refer to the day as Día del Corte Inglés
3. Go to Valentine’s Day Mexican Culture to see the origins of the celebration in Mexico then write culture notes telling about the holiday.
4. Go to Valentine’s Day in Spanish Speaking Countries to see a list of dates this holiday is celebrated then add to your culture notes.
Spanish 1 See above
Go to Quizalize to play ACT and SAT prep games. Use class code jwj9655
subjects you are studying
Go to the Conversation Chart to see a list of guided questions and responses in Spanish