Spanish Week of Sept 5 Lessons
1. Look at the image below then write the sentences on your own paper filling in the blanks in both Spanish and English. Click on Leaf Languages for more need to know food related words and phrases.
2. Get into pairs and read the dialog. When you are ready, rewrite the dialog on your own paper, using your own words. Your partner and you may share one paper to write your script.
3. Click on the flash cards below to practice Food Adjectives then choose five Spanish terms and make a sentence for each of the terms you choose.
1. Click on the screencast below to listen and repeat breakfast foods in Spanish. Then write in your journal a paragraph in Spanish (five to eight sentences) saying what you eat and what you do not eat for breakfast. Use phrases like
|Para el desayuno
Nunca bebo ni _____ni _______
Como _______ o __________
I never drink neither _______ nor ________
I eat _______ or _________
2. Click on the flash cards below to practice reading and listening to the Spanish food vocabulary then write a paragraph in Spanish (five to eight sentences) telling what you like and do not like to eat.
3. Click on the dialog to continue working with your partner. Be ready to say your dialog in front of the class without your paper for a grade.
1. Click on the screencast below to listen and repeat vocabulary words then write a paragraph in Spanish in your journal (five to eight sentences) saying what you eat and do not to eat for lunch.
De vez en cuando
Tomo ______ o ______
No tomo ni ___ ni ___
|What you eat for lunch
From time to time
I have _____ or ______
I never have ____nor ___
2. Continue working on your dialog on Ordering Food in Spanish. Be ready to present your dialog today for a grade.
1. Click on the flash cards below to listen and practice vocabulary for today’s video on ordering food in a restaurant.
Click on the video below to listen to the dialog then do one of the following.
a. write a list of all words and phrases in Spanish that you hear
b. write in English what the women are saying
*Be sure to pause and replay the video several. Don’t worry if you do not get every word. Just try 👌
3. Go to Empanadas to learn more about empanadas and how to prepare. You may also do a web search to see what you can find. Then, find a recipe (with meat) that you like and write your ingredients and how to prepare in Spanish. See cooking terms below